Our first meeting will be held on April 10th. We will spend most of our time getting to know each other. We will touch on our children's names, our latest joy and frustration, questions about mothering a newborn, or siblings for the first time and more. We will also spend some time talking about the topics we want to discuss at each meeting. Some ideas for topics are listed below. The group will determine what they want to discuss.
- Sleep, where is it? How to live without it?
- Baby Massage
- Baby Language
- Sleeping Arrangements
- Not feeling like your self? What are Postpartum Mood Disorders?
- Birth Stories
- Breastfeeding - Nutrition in the first year
- Bottle Feeding - Keeping the Nurturing in the Bottle
- Birth Trauma
- Signing with Baby
- Baby Wraps and other carriers
- Keeping the Seasons - Celebrations for the Year
- What support do you need to be the best Mom possible?
- What else?
If the babies let us we will open with a brief moment of mindfulness to find that space of calmness withing that brings instant relief in stressful moments with practice. We will close with a verse for contemplation as we go about our days. I will have paper and crayons for young children and a few other simple crafts that may occupy them for a short time. I know each of you knows best what you need to bring to get the time you need. By all means come on your own if some time to yourself is what you need! This group will be very flexible and open ended because that's how Mother's lives work. I hope to see you there! I'm looking forward to meeting you!